Whether you’re new to Google AdSense or have been using it for years there’s a lot of basic things you need to understand in order to Maximize your revenue from Adsense. Today I will discuss the potential strategies that can increase earnings from your Ad Units. I had added a few more tips(that worked for me) to the ones given by Google for it’s Adsense Publishers.
Please follow the proven best practices outlined below to increase the cost per click (CPC) of the ad units placed on your site.
- Make sure you choose your ad units type as both “text and image ads”. This way you can increase the chances of getting Ads from more advertisers.
- Google automatically displays Top Paying Ad’s on the Ad unit that first appears in your HTML Code. So be wise while choosing the Ad units location. Do experiment & see which Ad Units have High click-through rate & make sure that will be your First Ad unit.
- Choose Ad’s Background color matching to your website background.
- Standard Adsense Ad units like 328×280, 300×250, 160×600, 728×60 easily attract user attention, make sure you include them if you had any chance.
- You can put up to 3 standard AdSense for content ad units, 3 link units. Don’t place more Ad’s than Normal, placing more than prescribed Ad’s of a specific type has a disadvantage where Ad’s are displayed randomly & thereby leaving white space for other Ad Unit.
- Don’t copy/paste content from other websites. It’s a violation of Google’s policies. You may be banned from Google Adsense for doing that.
- Try to attract visitors by writing Good content on your own, some people target high paying keywords for attracting Ads of High Payment. This is not all recommended by Google, they give priority to user-level of satisfaction.
We hope that the above tips will help you in understanding Adsense policies & maximizing revenue from the Ad units. Please leave us your views & your experiences with Adsense.